OCT. 27-29 2017 CHICAGO
Release What Holds You Back in Your Photography And Start Taking Photographs That Give You Goosebumps
This intimate workshop (limited to only 10 students) is designed to take you outside your comfort zone, connect you with your full photographic potential and invite you to face your fears so you can take the photographs you've always wanted to capture. Over 3 days, you will take an in-depth look at what holds you back in your photography, technique and business and learn how to take your shooting to an entirely new level.
Three Days to be a visual storyteller.
Three Days to step into your power.
Three days to take your best photographs ever.
Watch the video to learn more about the workshop
Join us for the next Moment-Driven Workshop in Chicago on October 27-29 2017!
Want to see the workshop in action? Watch a behind the scenes video!
"It's amazing to feel that the changes I've made since the workshop are already visible. I'm shooting differently, I'm editing differently (and much quicker - yay), I'm communicating with my clients better. It has changed EVERYTHING!"
-Samantha Hook, UK
- How to capture and package the story of your clients, rather than hundreds of images that don’t connect to their hearts
- How to communicate with your clients so that you can anticipate which photos will speak most strongly to them
- How to capture powerful moments during a portrait session that show your clients as an authentic version of themselves
- How to work through any anxiety and you experience documenting and interacting with strangers and address the self-doubt that keeps you from capturing the powerful shots you know you’re capable of
- An intimate group experience with other photographers similarly interested in upleveling their skills
- Tons of feedback from Candice and fellow workshop participants
- Ample time to apply what you’re learning to make your photographs even stronger
- A 15-minute follow up call with Candice after the workshop to identify areas for growth
- Access to a private Facebook group of Moment-Driven alumni for future support!
YOU’LL PARTICIPATE IN
- Shooting assignments in downtown Chicago documenting strangers and telling their stories. This is a hands-on workshop where you apply the feedback and techniques you've learned immediately.
- Feedback sessions where you practice identifying what makes a strong photograph so you can learn to quickly shoot and cull your own shots. Many photographers take days to edit a shoot -- it should only take a few hours, once you know what to look for!
"Candice’s years of experience as a photojournalist and as a professor makes her the ideal person to help someone really the next level in their photography. She was able to pinpoint what I should work on and how I could approach certain scenarios better. Her input helped me tremendously! I highly recommend this workshop!"
-Lyn Ismael Bennett
Is the workshop a good fit for you?
Request a complimentary strategy session! Candice will answer all your questions, and determine if the workshop is a good fit for where you are as a photographer.
3 Day Workshop Schedule
- We kick off with introductions. You’ll leave your ego at the door and share from the heart -- your challenges, what you deeply desire for your photography, and what brings you to the workshop. This is your first glimpse of the team that will support you as you try new things, challenge yourself, and create breakthrough success.
- I teach you how to approach a scene, what to look for before hitting the shutter button, and how to position yourself so you capture powerful moments. We will discuss composition, lighting and how to make your clients comfortable in front of the camera. When your clients are comfortable, you will capture the most authentic shots.
- We shoot moment-driven photographs several times each day and critique them afterward in our debrief. This way, you can apply feedback immediately! Through the lectures and shooting sessions, you will have the necessary tools to capture moments, rather than canned shots, especially during a portrait session. You’ll never hesitate again when a client asks “What do you want me to do?”
- Lunch is included every day. We eat together, get to know each other, and critique more images.
- After lunch, we head out for more shooting exercises in which you document strangers. Remember: This isn’t shooting from the hip -- you’re applying the moment-driven technique. You will have a conversation with someone, ask permission to photograph them, then shoot and talk to them at the same time so you capture moments. You will have unlimited opportunities to shoot in this completely different style, try new things and take risks. Taking risks without any client expectations or pressure is a great way to learn!
Day 2 and Day 3
- We kick off day 2 and 3 with critiques of your shots. You’ll learn exactly what you need to adjust to take more powerful images that same day. You will also learn how to put together a visual story about your clients, rather than take isolated pictures. This is critically important for your work in the next two days.
- After the morning session, you will begin your personal project: You will have 2 days to tell the story of the local Chicagoan assigned to you. This could be a family, veteran, hairstylist, or another member of the Chicago community. You will use what you learned on Day 1 and the morning of Day 2 to build a visual storyline with your subject. We will review your shots each day, giving you the opportunity to go back and make stronger photographs.
- If there’s time, we end with website critiques. I will edit your website portfolio and highlight your strongest work. Let’s take your portfolio to the next level, and make sure each shot has an impact!
Oct. 27-29 2017 Downtown Chicago
(Min. 5 students required, or event is cancelled.)
When was the last time you screamed at the top of your lungs? At the Moment-Driven Workshop, we discuss what holds us back in our business, have a big scream and leave our fears at our feet.
Interested? Book a free strategy session to learn more.
"It’s easy to get stuck in a rut and keep doing the same things over and over again. This workshop helped me break out of my comfort zone and try something new. It also gave me more confidence in what I do and made it easier to connect with my clients and increase their comfort levels. I left this workshop with a fresh set of eyes, more confidence, and excited to start the new year."
WHY IS CANDICE THE BEST PERSON TO HELP YOU IMPROVE YOUR PHOTOJOURNALISM?
- Photojournalist with over 20 years experience, including 11 years as a staff photojournalist for the Chicago Tribune
- Has taught Photojournalism for over a decade at the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University and at Columbia College since 2015.
- Mentor, Foundation Workshops and Fearless Photographers
- Successfully mentored photographers like you through my one-on-one mentoring program, and Moment-Driven workshops
"The workshop was so refreshing and uplifting in addition to being helpful in honing in on photographing stronger moments. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you spent such an effort to uplift your students and elevate them from their current level of shooting expertise."
Thinking about attending?
Request a complimentary strategy session! Strategy sessions are a 15 minute phone call, at no cost and no commitment. Candice will answer all your questions, and determine if the workshop is a good fit for where you are as a photographer.